The Is Clinical Fire and Ice facial | ‘mini-peel’ is a resurfacing procedure that bridges the gap between a facial and an invasive peel, with no downtime. This facial, otherwise known as the “Hollywood Facial” is designed to resurface the skin, treat problematic skin, reduce fine lines and encourage cellular renewal.
- Dull, dehydrated skin
- Enlarged | blocked pores
- Poor skin quality and texture
PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- For five days before a peeling procedure avoid active skin ingredients such as Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Benzoyl peroxide etc.
- Please notify me if you are prone to Fever Blisters as appropriate medication will be given 1 day before the procedure as a prophylactic measure.
- If this is your first time receiving a Peeling treatment a “before” photo will be taken for your file.
- Contraindications for Peeling treatments are active bacterial, viral or fungal infections of the skin, Open wounds of the skin, Pre-existing inflammatory diseases (Psoriasis | atopic dermatitis), Facial cancers, Uncooperative patients (in terms of applying post procedure creams and sunscreen), patients on Oratane.
- If you are prone to Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation as a result of previous procedures or if your concern is Pigmentation a blending cream will be prescribed two to six weeks before a Peeling Treatment.
- Depending on your chosen Peeling Procedure, pre and post procedure plans will be designed according to your skin type and condition.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- A Post procedure cream must be used twice a day for 5 days following a peeling procedure.
- A SPF 50 sunscreen must be used twice a day after peeling procedures. If sunscreens are not used you will be at risk for Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear a hat for 5 days post Peeling Procedure.
- Superficial Peeling treatments can be done in conjunction with most other Aesthetic Procedures.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A PEELING PROCEDURE
- Mild tingling | burning sensation while the peel is applied.
- Slight redness for 1-2 days in some patients.
- Dry | tight skin with some flaking on occasion.