What is BBL?
BBL stands for Broad Band Light therapy, an advanced form of IPL, which can treat multiple skin conditions.
We will be offering the following BBL Treatments at the Centre : Your skin therapist will decide which is best for you after a Visia Skin Analysis
1- BBL Corrective
- Corrective treatments are for patients with diffuse photodamage, sun spots, vascular lesions, redness etc
- Areas can be small/isolated (single pigment spot / vein / cherry angioma) or large (diffuse pigment spots / diffuse capillaries / redness)
- We can treat lesions on the face, neck, chest, hands and body
- So if your skin has lots of problem areas this is where you will start your journey with BBL
- 4 sessions recommended 1 month apart, maintenance with BBL Forever young 2-4 sessions per year
2- BBL Forever Young
- This treatment is a slightly softer treatment than BBL Corrective, used as either maintenance for BBL corrective treatments or for patients who have good skin with few concerns (eg. the odd sun spot, the odd broken vein)
- 4 sessions recommended 1 month apart, then maintenance of 2-4 sessions per year
3- BBL Forever Young plus Skin Tyte
- This combines BBL Forever young laser with Skintyte laser. Skintyte laser heats the dermis of the skin resulting in collagen stimulation and firmer skin
4- BBL Forever Clear
- This is for mild to moderate acne (not on Roaccutane)
- 2 step process: first step uses blue light to kill the P.Acnes bacteria in the skin, second step used red light to reduce the inflammation associated with acne
- 6 sessions required 1-2 weeks apart, maintenance every 3-6 months depending on acne severity
5- BBL Skintyte
- Skin firming / tightening laser through dermal heating causing collagen stimulation and firming
BBL Pre and Post care
- No active sun tan or tanning bed use for 3-4 weeks prior treatment
- No self tan for 7-10 days
- No active infections present
- Cant be on any meds such as Roaccutane / tetralysal / anticoagulants
- Not in pregnancy
- Erythema (redness) and mild oedema (swelling) may occur for several hours post treatment
- Darkening of pigment spots and facial veins will occur post treatment
- No active tanning post or inbetween treatments
- No active ingredients on the skin for 5 days post treatments
- Ice (covered in a cloth) to area can be used post treatment
The Technology Behind BBL
BBL® is the world’s most powerful IPL device on the market. It sets new standards in treating skin conditions associated with aging, active life styles, and sun damage. BBL HERO® (High Energy Rapid Output™) is the new revolutionary technology added onto the BBL® handpiece, ensuring Forever results are quickly delivered anywhere on the body.
BBL HERO® innovations deliver 4x the speed, 3x the peak power, and 2x the cooling. It quickly treats the face and large areas such as back, arms, and legs in 2-5 minutes
BBL and BBL HERO enable treatment of multiple skin conditions with various wavelengths seamlessly using change-on-the-fly Smart Filters.
- 420 – Acne
- 515 – Pigmented Lesions, such as freckles, age spots.
- 560 – Vascular Lesions, such as cherry angiomas, telangiectasias, and rosacea.
- 590 – Deeper Lesions / Darker Skin Types
- 590, 640 + 695 – Hair Removal
- Treatment expansion – SkinTyte™ is available as a module using infrared light energy to deeply heat dermal collagen leading to a renewed collagen foundation for skin firming.
Watch a video that explains the BBL Technology here.