A skin resurfacing procedure in which a chemical is applied to the skin to remove the top layers revealing underlying younger, smoother skin. Chemical peels range from superficial to medium depth depending on the pH of the chemical.
- Photo-aging (sun damage)
- Superficial pigmentation
- Poor skin texture and quality
Our range of Chemical Peels
- Mesoestetic Superficial peels (Lactic | Glycolic | Pyruvex | Salacylic and combination peels)
- Mesoestetic Cosmelan | Dermamelan + Acnelan
- Mesoestetic Peri-Ocular Peel
- Mesoestetic Peel | Microneedling combination treatments
- SkinTech TCA peels
- Neostrata Retinol Peel
- Optiphi 50/30 Peel
- Is Clinical
- Fire and Ice Peel
- Prodigy P2 and P3
- Elaine Brennan Skin Renewal System
- The Green Peel
PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- For five days before a peeling procedure avoid active skin ingredients such as Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Benzoyl peroxide etc.
- Please notify me if you are prone to Fever Blisters as appropriate medication will be given 1 day before the procedure as a prophylactic measure.
- If this is your first time receiving a Peeling treatment a “before” photo will be taken for your file.
- Contraindications for Peeling treatments are active bacterial, viral or fungal infections of the skin, Open wounds of the skin, Pre-existing inflammatory diseases (Psoriasis / atopic dermatitis), Facial cancers, Uncooperative patients (in terms of applying post procedure creams and sunscreen), patients on Oratane.
- If you are prone to Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation as a result of previous procedures or if your concern is Pigmentation a blending cream will be prescribed two to six weeks before a Peeling Treatment.
- Depending on your chosen Peeling Procedure, pre and post procedure plans will be designed according to your skin type and condition.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- A Post procedure cream must be used twice a day for 5 days following a peeling procedure.
- A SPF 50 sunscreen must be used twice a day after peeling procedures. If sunscreens are not used you will be at risk for Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear a hat for 5 days post Peeling Procedure.
- Superficial Peeling treatments can be done in conjunction with most other Aesthetic Procedures.
- Medium Depth peels generally require a period of 2-4 weeks before other Aesthetic Procedures can be performed. Please always inform us of plans for other Aesthetic treatments so that we can make sure the combinations are safe.
- Please remember The Green Peel (Herbal peeling procedure) has a specific aftercare guideline that needs to be followed. The Green Peel come with a unique homecare kit that will be explained to you at your treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A PEELING PROCEDURE
- Superficial o Mild tingling / burning sensation while the peel is applied. o Slight redness for 1-2 days in some patients. o Dry / tight skin with some flaking on occasion.
- Medium Depth Peel o Dry / tight skin on day 1 – 2. o Your skin will peel on day 3 – 5, allow the skin to peel without pulling at the loose skin. Apply lots of post procedure cream during this process.