A sample of your own blood is drawn, spun down in a centrifuge to obtain Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP).
Platelets are extremely rich in growth factors which stimulate the bodies natural healing response creating new collagen, elastin and blood supply in the skin.
PRP is either manually injected by means of mesotherapy or it is used in conjunction with microneedling treatments.
- Skin rejuvenation of Face, Neck, Décolleté
- Skin rejuvenation of Hands
- Dark under eye circles
- Scalp – Hair loss
- Stretch marks
- Collagen stimulation
PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid blood thinning over the counter medications such as Aspirin, Brufen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 5 days prior to treatment. Avoid Omega 3 fatty acids and Arnica as they also thin the blood and increase your risk of bruising. Panado is fine to use.
- Please notify me if you are using prescription or non-prescription blood thinners so extra precaution can be taken to avoid bruising.
- Please notify me if you are prone to Fever Blisters as appropriate medication will be given 1 day before the procedure as a prophylactic measure.
- For Dermapen 3MD combined with Platelet Rich Plasma: Come as per appointment time, topical anaesthetic cream will be applied and your blood will be taken in the 25 minute period prior to the procedure.
- If this is your first time receiving a Microneedling treatment with Platelet Rich Plasma a “before” photo will be taken for your file.
- Dermapen 3MD with Platelet Rich Plasma is contraindicated in patients with Active skin infection or disease, Haemophilia and patients on oral Isotretinoin (Oratane).
- Platelet Rich Plasma treatments are contraindicated in any platelet or bleeding disorders.
- Topical Local Anaesthesia is contraindicated in Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Liver disease, Pseudocholinesterase deficiency, PABA allergies, sulphonamide allergies, Methaemoglobinaemia and patients on Arrrhythmia medications.
- After the following procedures, please wait 2 weeks before having a Dermapen Medical treatment:
- Dermal Fillers
- Botulinum Toxin
- Chemical peels
- After a thread lifting procedure, please wait 6 weeks before having a Dermapen Medical treatment.
- Do not use the following products a week before and a week after a Dermapen Medical treatment.
- Alpha / beta hydroxyl acids (glycolic / salicylic / lactic acid products)
- Retinoids (Tretinoin / retinol)
- Benzoyl peroxide / adapelene o Hydroquinone / kojic acid / azelaic acid
- If you are prone to Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation as a result of previous procedures or if your concern is Pigmentation a blending cream will be prescribed two weeks before a Dermapen 3MD Treatment with Platelet Rich Plasma.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Immediately post treatment a Medical Concealer, Lycogel, will be applied to the treated area. This will be left on overnight and removed the following morning.
- Apply a post procedure cream / moisturizer as necessary and a sunscreen twice a day.
- Do not use any anti-inflammatory medications or creams post procedure. Panado and Codeine are ok to use.
- Avoid the following for 2 days following treatment:
- Direct sunlight
- Intensive exercise
- Further Aesthetic treatments / Tattoos / Spray or self tan
- Active skin ingredients such as retinoids / AHAs / BHAs / Benzoyl Peroxide etc.)
- Excessive hot showers / spas
- Swimming in chlorinated pools
- Immediately after the procedure your face will feel warm and will be very red (similar to that of a bad sunburn). This effect resolves within 2 days. Suggested down time is 2 days, however usual activities can be resumed the following day.
- Day 1-2: Mild swelling and erythema (redness), with dry and tight skin.
- Day 4-7: Dry and tight skin lea ding to full recovery. Results can be expected after two weeks and are cumulative with successive treatments.